Friday, April 15, 2011

Response 2, Week 14

Response to Christine's "Free Write Week 13"

Christine,
I have been on that website before (it's hilarious), but never though about using it for writing material. Thank you! because it obviously works. I like how you took the theme of birds and ran with it, making use of the odd construction of gthe verb "bird." However, I do think the phrase should be kept consistent because of its strangeness and technical incorrectness. I do not know if I prefer "bird you" or "bird for you," but I think this is a decision for later drafts. "Frustrated straw" is an interesting combination. In addition, I definitely wanted to steal your last image: "Beware of your hands./ They bloom on my waist, unexplained." I really liked the last line especially, but I am not sure if I would stick with the bewaring. I noticed the slight paralleling of the two stanzas (nook, bloom, feahter, bird) and agree that this is a great way to generate material and keep yourself going. In later drafts though, I would either emphasize this or take it away completely; it stands awkwardly in between right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment