Monday, April 25, 2011

Response 2, Week 15

Response to Candis's "Free Write, Week 15"

Candis,
I like how the oxymorons were able to fuel your draft. I caught them throughout, such as "adult children," "little big," "baggy tights," etc. However, I think that sticking with them so strictly is limiting this piece's possibility. Expanding on the phrase "balancing insanity," trying to portray the act of balancing insanity instead of saying it outright, will allow for more concrete imagery and specificity. I suggest asking questions of all the oxymorons: How can people be "genuinely fake?" What does it mean to be "dysfunctionally functional?" I believe that this will help you create some surprising imagery that you may not have gotten without the oxymorons, but that you also cannot achieve with moving past them.

No comments:

Post a Comment